Welcome to the March 2019 edition of PharmaPlus Newsletter
Here you will find a summary of the latest updates, deadlines and promotions from PharmaPlus.
1. QUALITY PAYMENTS
Quality Payments has been a significant feature over the past few months. Many of you are now on track to obtain the full payout by the NHS. We spent many months phoning and reminding members to complete the gateway criteria and supporting you through our video series and numerous calls to our office.
We estimate that there are at least 20-30 members who would not get the payout if we had not reminded them; equating to about £100,000! NHS money is now scarce, and all efforts must be made to maximise this income to support your pharmacy.
Members appeared to have significantly appreciated our efforts and are one of the unique services that they enjoy! Well done to all of you for all your hard work.
2. DSP TOOLKIT
It is that time of the year that you will need to complete your DSP Toolkit (formally information governance). There is a significant amount of information out there. An excellent source to start of with is our youtube video – CLICK HERE TO VIEW.
Make sure you have completed all of your GDPR work before you even think about starting with the toolkit. The office is at hand to help you if you require any further help.
DEADLINE: 31st March 2019. DO NOT LEAVE THIS UNTIL THE LAST MOMENT AS WE WILL NOT BE ABLE TO HELP YOU OTHERWISE!
3. DO YOU HAVE THE CORRECT PMR SYSTEM?
- Is it time for you to review your PMR/dispensary management system?
- Is your system right for you and your business?
- Is your system helping you make the most out of your business and helping you maximise revenue opportunities?
Many members have contacted Pharma Plus in recent weeks as they struggled with Quality payments at the February review point. Members who were non-compliant with the WES criteria would have lost out on approximately £4000. We are urging all our members to make sure they do not lose out on further payments in the future.
With such a business critical system, it is essential to make the right decision. DO NOT BASE YOUR CONSIDERATION ON PRICE ALONE. Consider how this system will help you run your dispensary more efficiently while also helping you capitalise on additional revenue opportunities.
At PharmaPlus our nominated supplier of PMR/dispensary management system is EMIS Health – Proscript Connect.
CONTACT US FOR MORE INFORMATION ON THIS.
4. SAVE £300 WITH PHARMAPLUS – REFER A FRIEND DEAL
At PharmaPlus we are always looking for new like-minded members. Increasing our membership allows us to increase our support to you, develop more initiatives to support your business and continue to enhance our deals and offers to you.
If you know anyone who may not be happy with their existing group or may not currently be part of a support group why not refer them to PharmaPlus.
Until Friday 29th March 2019 (limited offer) PharmaPlus members who refer a friend, who then goes to join PharmaPlus, will receive:
1) £100 discount on 2019/20 membership fee.
2) £200 credit for you (and £200 credit for the new member) to use towards the selection of PharmaPlus services listed below:
• GPhC Mock inspections
• GPhC mock inspections action plan implementation
• Patient surveys & practice leaflets
• Credit for central invoicing suppliers
• Pre-registration training
• SOP customisation
• Marketing services
• Personalised CPD planning & review service
At a time when its essential you spend the time to focus on your patients and customers, new members can also benefit in many ways by joining PharmaPlus and receive our support. Below are some of the highlights:
• Professional services and one to one support provided by our in house team
• Business services, bulk buying, price comparison via EDGE, central invoicing
• Subsidised Training, seminars, videos & events
• Opportunity to attend our social and networking events
• Access to our added value services, eg. GPhC mock inspections, marketing, website and social media, revalidation workshops, HLP Pro service, your NHS statement check service
• PharmaPlus ‘member only’ whatsapp group and regular email notifications
Get in touch with us today to find out more.
5. TRAINING FOR COUNTER STAFF AND DISPENSERS
There is a considerable amount of information available for training. Our preferred provider, Buttercups, provides excellent training to your staff. We are also currently beginning to develop a regular broadcast on training to our members. The transmission will comprise of a relevant monthly training topic and a series of questions for your staff. More information on this will be released shortly.
6. PHARMAPLUS ACADEMY PRE-REG TRAINING (BUTTERCUPS)
Over the years our Pre-Reg Training Programme has proven to be very successful. The training provider we use is Buttercups and all face to face training days are held at our purpose built training facility at PharmaPlus office in Harrow.
The training is therefore heavily subsidised for members and costs £875 + VAT (as compared to £1150 + VAT that Buttercups charge directly).
Furthermore, if you are recruiting pre-reg directly, Buttercups are happy to help our members advertise their vacancies for pre-reg placements 2019 on their website and will send you screened applications. This is a complimentary service for PharmaPlus members who book the course through us.
Buttercups can also assist you in providing training plans and advice to ensure your premises become registered for pre-registration training with the GPhC.
The course is very comprehensive with 7 face to face training days and has a great online follow up and feedback structure:
• ONLINE MATERIALS
• ONLINE TRACKING
Please note that we only have 32 places at the above cost, after that the costs will slightly increase. CLICK HERE TO BOOK your place today.
7. HAVE YOU ORDERED YOUR FLU VACCINES?
If you have not already placed your order for 2019/20 you must do so now. Full NHS England guidance has now been released on what vaccines are to be used for the next season.
What you need to do:
• Decide how many vaccines you will need for next season for each age group.
• Contact Seqirus to order aTIV for patients over 65 years (see table).
• Contact Mylan to order QIVe for patients 18 – 65 years in a clinical risk group (see table).
• There is a third option of QIVc which can be used for all age groups if you feel this is appropriate. This vaccine can be used in patients with egg allergies.
Guidance on which vaccinations which will be used for the next flu season:
A significant number of members have already placed their orders, if you have not done so you should place your orders as soon as possible.
We have based our information on this current guidance.
PS!! DON’T FORGET TO RETURN YOUR EXCESS FLU STOCKS FOR 2018/19!!